Elastomeric plaster for the hygiene of walls, in internal and external applications.
Where to Use
Fibre-reinforced, rustic effect coating for all new, old or painted surfaces, surfaces with hairline cracks, or surfaces in areas where particular local climatic conditions facilitate the growth of algae and mould.
Some application examples
- Decorating and protecting all types of cementitious and lime-based render.
- Decorating façades with hairline cracks, including façades with old paintwork (check suitability beforehand).
- Decorating façades damaged by mould and algae, including façades with old paintwork (check beforehand).
- Protective coating for north-facing façades or at risk of being damaged by mould and algae.
- Finishing coat for façades with external thermal insulation such as Mapetherm System.
- Elastocolor Tonachino Plus is a fibre-reinforced elastomeric coating which, thanks to its high elasticity, including at low temperatures, has the capacity to follow and absorb small deformations in substrates. Also, the fibres contained in the product form an interwoven strengthening matrix, similar to “non-woven” fabric, with the capacity to withstand deformations in the coating and to hide any hairline cracks in the finishing layer.
- Elastocolor Tonachino Plus also contains silicone resins, which give substrates high water repellence combined with good vapour permeability. The combined action of the silicone and elastomeric acrylic polymers form a film with exceptional adhesion, strength, protection, durability and colour stability and very low dirt pick-up. Elastocolor Tonachino Plus is resistant to the growth of mould and algae, and may be used for decorating buildings located in particularly damp climates favourable to the growth of such micro-organisms. A typical example is when painting a north-facing façades.
- Elastocolor Tonachino Plus contains a specific additive for the control of mould and algae growth.
- Thanks to the combined action of the main components used to formulate Elastocolor Tonachino Plus, it eliminates all the causes which provoke deterioration of façades, and forms a long-lasting, protective coating which remains stable over the years.
- Elastocolor Tonachino Plus adheres perfectly to all types of traditional render and to old, well-adhered paintwork. The water repellence of the product protects substrates from chemical attack, makes them much less susceptible to dirt retention and provides them with excellent resistance to UV rays and ageing, characteristics which remain stable for a very long time.
- Apart from protecting substrates, Elastocolor Tonachino Plus forms an attractive, rustic finish. It is available in a wide range of colours obtained using the ColorMap® automatic tinting system.
- Elastocolor Tonachino Plus meets the main requirements of EN 1504-9 (“Products and systems for protecting and repairing concrete structures: definitions, requirements, quality control and conformity assessment. General principles for the use and application of systems”), and the requirements of EN 1504- 2 (“Protection system for concrete surfaces”) for class: products for protecting surfaces - coating (coating, C) - control of humidity (2.2) (moisture control, MC), and increase in resistivity (8.2) (increasing resistivity, IR) (ZA. 1e).
|Mapei Elastocolor is also available in the following:
|Link to products
|Waterproof Paint 20Kg