Coloured siloxane undercoat evens out surfaces, fills defects and is water-repellent.
Where to Use
- Base filling layer, with quartz granules, for new, well-cured render before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base evening and filling layer for old render, if not excessively deteriorated or crumbly, before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base filling layer for de-humidifying render before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base layer on old paintwork, including paintwork which is slightly flaky, before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base layer with the same colour as the final layer, to help covering of the final layer of paint or layered finishing material in bright, lively colours, which are clean and only offer partial covering.
Some application examples
- Silancolor Base Coat is used to prepare the base layer on cementitious surfaces before applying the final colouring coat, to regulate absorption of the substrate and improve bonding.
- Silancolor Base Coat is indispensable when “scratch-effect” finishes are applied, to avoid the substrate showing through the more transparent part.
- Silancolor Base Coat may be used to even out the surface, by creating an even finish and by covering small imperfections.
- When applied in white, or in a colour similar to the final coat, it helps to integrate the final coat particularly when bright, lively colours are applied, which do not usually have good covering properties.
- Silancolor Base Coat is a coloured silicone resin-based based paint in water dispersion, with micro-granular quartz and selected charges. It is used to even out the absorption of the substrate and promote bonding of successive coats of paint and layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Silancolor Base Coat works in synergy with coloured finishes, to increase the duration of the protective finish and increase the water repellence of Silancolor finishing systems.
- Surfaces treated with Silancolor Base Coat have a uniformly rough finish, which makes it easier to apply layered finishing materials, particularly when applied by trowel. This results in a more even distribution of the finishing material over the entire surface.
- Silancolor Base Coat is available in a wide range of colours, created using the ColorMap® automatic colouring system.
- Consumption is heavily influenced by the absorption and the roughness of the substrate and by imperfections on the surface, and according to the application technique used.
- Under normal conditions, consumption is generally 0.3-0.5 kg/m² per coat.
|Mapei Silancolor is also available in the following:
|Link to products
|Plus Paint 20Kg