Siloxane paint for the hygiene of walls, in internal and external applications and is water repellent, transpirant and is mould and algae resistant
Where to Use
For painting walls which are particularly prone to the destructive action of algae, mould and fungi, to form a long-lasting protective coat on the substrate towards such micro-organisms.
The treatment for the walls is particularly long-lasting due to the water-repellent and breathable properties of the paint.
Some application examples
- Painting façades damaged by algae and mould.
- Painting north-facing façades.
- Painting internal environments where there is mould (e.g. bathrooms and kitchens where thermal bridges are present).
- Silancolor Paint Plus is particularly resistant to the growth of algae, mould and fungi. It may be used to paint walls which already have a problem with such micro-organisms, after a preliminary cleaning treatment to remove them from the surface, or as a preventative measure for painting buildings in particularly damp environments, where the growth of such organisms is more prolific. A typical application is on north-facing walls, which are particularly prone to the growth of mildew due to these walls being damper and cold.
- Silancolor Paint Plus is a silicone resin-based paint in water dispersion, and apart from the aforementioned properties, it also possesses other advantages normally associated with this kind of product, that is, extremely high water-repellence and good permeability to vapour. Unlike normal synthetic paints, it forms a thin porous film on the surface rather than a coat. Also, the use of special silicone resins means that water is unable to penetrate, to guarantee that the wall remains dry under all conditions.
- Silancolor Paint Plus bonds perfectly to all types of conventional and de-humidifying renders and to old, well-bonded paintwork. Its water-repellent properties protect the substrate from chemical attack, attracts very little dirt, is highly resistant to the washing effect of rainwater and is very hard-wearing.
- Silancolor Paint Plus is highly resistant to alkalis, washing cycles, UV rays and ageing, and maintains its characteristics for a very long period of time.
- Apart from its protective properties, Silancolor Paint Plus leaves an attractive finish and gives a smooth, opaque surface which is velvety to the touch. It is available in a wide range of colours, which may be obtained using the ColorMap® automatic colouring system.
- Consumption is heavily influenced by the absorption and roughness of the substrate, the colour of paint applied and the tools used for application.
- Under normal conditions, consumptions are generally 0.3-0.4 kg/m² (for 2 coats of product).
|Mapei Silancolor is also available in the following:
|Link to products
|Base Coat Primer 20Kg