REGUPOL adhesive 43-105 is an acrylic emulsion-based adhesive that is free of solvents. It is used to bond many sound insulation materials to common sub-floors and various floor finishes to the insulation. This adhesive is easy to spread and has a long open time, providing early tack and minimum slip, building quickly to a strong permanent bond. It is non-straining and has excellent resistance to plasticizer migration.
This versatile adhesive can be used for a wide range of applications. It is suitable for installing the following:
- Hard/Resilient Floor Coverings: Linoleum, Sheet, Tiles, Cushion, and other vinyl-backed floor coverings, including mineral felt-backed vinyl.
- Carpets and Carpet Tiles: PVC-backed, polyurethane foam-backed, and many other carpets and needle-punch/fibre-bonded carpets where a solvent-free system is specified.
- Most REGUPOL Sound Deadening Underlays, including REGUPOL 4515, 3912, 7210C, the REGUPOL Vibration Range, Gymnasium materials, including interlaminar bonds in Gymnasium build-ups, and Regufoam.
- This adhesive is also suitable for use with underfloor heating systems.
Application & Installation
- Maintain a minimum temperature of 180°C for best results.
- Use an appropriate V-notched trowel to apply adhesive evenly.
- For vinyl and smooth backed floor coverings, use a 1.5mm x 5.0mm or A2 trowel; for more profiled back coverings, use a 2.0mm x 6.0mm or B1 trowel.
- Clean trowels with water while adhesive is still wet.
- Apply adhesive evenly to an area that can accommodate the floorcovering while adhesive is receptive and gives good transfer.
- On absorbent surfaces, lay floorcovering immediately; for tiles, wait 10-15 minutes to reduce slip.
- On non-absorbent surfaces, allow adhesive to develop a tack or use a "double drop" technique for sheet goods to reduce waiting time.
- Allow adhesive bonding underlayment to subfloor to cure before bonding final floor finish, leaving underlayment overnight and applying finish the next day.
- To reduce shadowing on some vinyls, smooth adhesive out while wet with a pre-wetted paint roller.
- Immediately roll installation area in two directions (at right angles) with a 68kg roller to remove trapped air and ensure good all-over adhesive contact.
- A second rolling or gliding is recommended approximately one hour later to ensure a strong bond is established.
|Approx. 45,000 cps at 20°C – trowel apply
|Between 3m² – 4m² per kg depending on trowel used and absorbency of subfloor